Can you believe that Rachel of Thrifty Inspirations got this chair for only $7?! Yes! She said she found it in a store called "Value Village"; shoved back in the back under a pile of clothes! Without any second thoughts, she wheeled it to the register with pride.
She describes the 'original' chair as dirty but what do we expect for $7? Anyway, the hard work she put on this project was all worth it!
Here are the things you'll need in reupholstering a chair:
For the tutorial, Rachel shares it on her blog here.
The fun part in this project is spray painting the furniture. Here are the things you'll need for that as Rachel shares:
- De-glosser/Liquid Sandpaper
- Green Scrubby-thingy (?? It's not a sponge or a brush)
- Rags (1 damp, 1 dry)
- 220 grit sandpaper/ sandpaper block
- 2 cans Spray Primer (Rustoleum Primer)
- 2 cans Spray Paint (Rustoleum "Heirloom White" Paint)
- Painters tape (Optional, not always necessary)
- Disposable gloves (Optional)
- Work surface clean of dust and debris with optimal work room
I prefer to wear gloves while spray painting because it will prevent you from having to scrub your hands later when you are finished and have speckles all over. -Rachel
For the step by step tutorial, you may visit this link.
Were you inspired? Hop now to Rachel's blog! :)